Image

Image

Thursday, May 17, 2012

One Year

           Well it's official, I can finally tell people when they ask that Colton and I have been married a year now! Wow! How fast the time flew by. I have had so many memories flying through my head making me smile and reminding me how lucky I am to have found him.

           I remember the first day I met him I was watching him come up to my front door from my window and thought he was super hot ;) My heart was beating so fast I was for sure he'd hear it through the door. We had such a fun first date at Boondocks bowling and hanging out with Kara and KaLin mini golfing, then we watched Alice In Wonderland at my house and had my dad's spaghetti. I remember us hanging out at Wal-mart and when I had to say goodbye, I gave him a hug and had a really hard time letting go, I knew I liked him, A LOT!(p.s. the first picture on this post is the first picture we took together.)

          I also like thinking about our first kiss and people laugh because it wasn't quite the most "romantic" setting but it was to me and it was just as special and spontaneous. We had gone on quite a few dates at that point and were hanging out at my house waiting for my friend to call us so we could go on a triple date to the movies and to go to the mall for a while. We were playing Uno and I remember we were joking around a lot and he always made me laugh, we were talking and laughing until it was silent, I looked at him and he smiled then I looked away and he came close to me, lifted my chin, and kissed me. I was completely red of course lol but I remember that I felt something different, it felt natural and made me so happy and feel so safe and his kisses have been making me feel that way ever since! :)

         I remember our first time saying I love you because it was so soon and so out there. I went on a vacation to California and when you are having a big crush on some cute guy, two weeks on a vacation is as I would have put it then "torture" lol but it got me thinking of how much fun I had been having with him and how much I really cared about him and hated when we were apart. I called him every night and my friend who came with me was so supportive and told me we were going to end up together lol. I remember one day we got in a small "so called" fight while I was gone and I just remember him saying something to the fact of well why does it mater so much and I bursted out "because I love you!" then freaked out and hung up haha. He called later and said "I love you too."

         I like to think about when he asked me to be his girlfriend too and yes, this is in the right order lol we kissed and said we loved each other and he still hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet, yeesh! ;) but like any real gentlemen, he wanted to ask me in person. So when July 24th came around and I was meeting him and going to be with his family in Spanish Fork that night, he asked me. A couple weeks earlier he had written me a poem and in it it said "I want to show you the world" and so when he asked me to be his girlfriend he took me into a beautiful high point of the mountains and we watched the sunset and he told me he wanted me to be his and no one elses :) We watched fireworks that night and it was an awesome day all together.

          I remember everything, the first gift he gave me when I graduated high school, the first real fight we got into when he came back to his house with flowers and my favorite chocolates, I remember crying on my mom's bed every time he had to make that awful hour drive home while I prayed to God not to let anything happen to this man that I love so much, I remember calling him when I had to drive home in the snow and my car did a whole 360 at a stop light and I was on speaker and his whole family talked to me the whole way home so I would feel better, I remember that wonderful day he purposed to me at Bountiful temple and dropped the ring and was so embarrassed ;) and mostly, I remember walking down to him on our wedding day with my dad by my side and seeing the tears run down Colt's face with happiness that it was finally time, I would be his and he would be mine. I still remember so so much more and I know that I will have a lot to look forward to. When we get our first house, when we fight about paint colors again for that house, when I get to tell him that he's going to be a father and watch him almost faint ;) When we get to hold our newborn baby in our arms and call them our angel, and in a very soon time, when we get to finally be sealed together forever in the Lord's temple.

        We have had such great trials and such great laughs together, we've fought, we've cried, we've given up, and we have gotten back up, but what ever we do, we do it as a team, always have and always will. I love my husband so much and even though this year seemed to fly by, I have such great memories of it and our year of dating before that and those memories will never go away.

          As for those of you wondering how our vacation was, It went so wonderfully. We slept in, we ate... a lot lol we saw Avengers (AWESOME MOVIE!) and saw This Means War (hilarious movie) we went to the aquarium, and the mall and a lot lot lot more! It was so nice just to have a break with him and for once not worry about work or everyday troubles. Well anyway that's all I have to report for now. :) I hope everyone remembers that there is someone out there for everyone and if you already have that someone, don't let that newlywed stage ever disappear, that person is yours forever and they will never leave your side, love your spouse like it's still that first year. I know I still feel butterflies when Colt gets out of his car and yes, he is still pretty "super hot" to me ;) I still love his kisses, I still love thinking about our silly dates and crazy fights that have made us grow, he is now and always will be my husband and my forever.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment