Image

Image

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Planning To Not Make Plans

Okay Okay I know, Kind of a weird title to this post but my reason being?? Colton and I have been great, don't get me wrong but in a year we have had his appendix taken out, I've gotten 3 crowns on my teeth, Colt got a bunch of dental work done, Bubblegum went to the vet 4 times in one month, we have 2 cars to pay for, new car insurance ... well you get the idea.

We have gone through a lot together physically and mostly financially. So now that we have almost been married a year, I have had a lot of things going through my mind because we still have a lot of bills but then I had myself stop and though what have we accomplished? Well for starters, we just paid our LAST hospital bill out of thousands of dollars, We have prettier mouths with a little less pain ;) and a happy dog that didn't die after eating chocolate (dummy) lol but there is still a lot coming up.

Bubblegum has a cyst on her head that is getting bigger so we called around and finally found a place that is the "cheapest" for the surgery, about 350 dollars. We still have bills and probably more payments than a lot of newlyweds but we get through it together. We have also been able to get our payments on our cars down, we have an apartment and we both still have jobs. I have so much to be grateful for and I think back on all the debt and school bills we have taken care of and I am so proud of us! I can't help but think of my parents too, we had NO money to get a place of our own when we first got married and my mom wanted to take us in with out even thinking twice about it. When Colt couldn't sleep and was in a ball on our bed in pain from his teeth, my dad called and found out we would have to pay up front with the plan he had, he put it on his card right away and just wanted his pain to be gone. I love my family, they care so much about us and would do anything for us.

So anyway, what is my point in all this? I'll start with school, we went to the school Cameo in Salt Lake, I didn't really feel good saying the name in case I didn't like the school. I found out VERY quickly it would be the opposite, I am SO excited to start!! They had so many clients there, amazing laser machines, I get to learn from a very known Doctor about Botox Injections and more! After Colt, me, and my mom and dad asking a bunch of questions, we decided it's where I needed to be going. I could have started May 9th but that seemed WAY too fast! So I start July 10th of this year, I got a grant that should cover about 5,000 dollars of my tuition which would be SO nice but I guess we won't know until I sign up or something, weird huh? Anyway so that means Colt and I need to figure out about 4,500 dollars more, which means student loans and lots of saving but we are figuring it out and I think we'll really be okay. :)

So thinking about how far I had come, I felt bad that we hadn't even worked on Colt's schooling and having him finish up his associates degree. He only has two classes left, one in which he is thinking of challenging (taking a final test basically) So, he signed up for his classes and his councilor should be getting back to him for how he can get that finished up.

Basically we are really excited for our future but I decided it's kind of annoying planning everything. (Go figure) So here's what we know for sure, We want to get sealed as soon as we can! I will have schooling for about 6 months or so, We want to get a house someday, we want to have kids someday, we would like to get our cars paid off someday, we would like to get me into a job doing what I love someday, but when all these "somedays" will happen isn't really even up to us, We will work our hardest and we will do the rest in faith. I really believe that if we do all we can in our schooling, our lives, our relationship, and our church, god will bless us and help us know what we should do.

So here's what we planned, we are going to stop planning and I don't mean "hey lets be spontaneous and not plan dinner!" lol I don't want to plan our whole lives and I just want us to take life as it comes to us! So yeah this is kind of a random post but I had it in my mind and wanted to put it out there! :) And as you know, our one year is on MONDAY! It went by so fast but yeah I'll write you about it a little later this week! :) Sorry kind of a boring post for people lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment