Image

Image

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oh You Know Just Life..

Hey Everyone,

           I know I haven't written in a while. It's mostly because I try to write when new things are going on in our life and there hasn't been much. The one big thing to report is Colton and I were sealed last Saturday In the Bountiful temple. It was so great to have all our family and friends there supporting us and we were so excited. All together it was a wonderful day and I'm so happy to call Colt my eternal spouse now. :) I don't have the professional photos back yet but my family took some so I will put those because I like pics with my posts and when I do get the rest, you can bet you'll be seeing them on facebook. ;)


          Other than that, Colton and I are still in the same jobs and just enjoying summer for the last little while. I have been trying to find another job because minimum wage isn't my favorite and I really want to be able to actually help out with school but I hate that I can't find one because of my school schedule. Isn't that the way though? need money for school but need an education to get money kind of thing?

          Anyway, While we're on the subject of school, I have been some what of a bipolar roller coaster when it comes to what I'm doing. Yes I'll admit I had a little bit of a mental break down when deciding if I did the right thing in picking esthetics as my job for the rest of my life, but come on, doesn't everyone when it's a lifetime decision like that? Anyway I talked to family, I talked to friends but at the end of the day it helped me most to talk to Colton and together figure out what to do. After talking for a while I decided I wanted to finish my masters and I wanted to do it soon so I stop slacking off in what I started. I called a few schools, I've toured a few schools but I was so worried because it isn't like BYU, Weber, or U of U. And if I'm right like I'm thinking I am, all of you knew those schools but when I say Skinworks, Cameo, Skin Sciences, you probably have no clue what those are or hey, maybe some of you know at least one of those and that's good, but now you see my problem. I had NO ONE to ask about any of these schools, I had the same issue with basics. I wish I would have never gone to DATC for my basics, I don't feel personally like I learned enough and I wish everyday I could take that back, but I also don't believe in mistakes and now I know better.

            So, I started touring schools, hearing the usual "this is the best school" "Our students our the best" laudi daudi da... lol but when I got into the bigger questions, it was good to hear the responses and see what Colt, my mom, and my dad thought about the different schools. So I started leaning to a certain school (That will remain nameless) and I gave them $100 dollars for registration.... people people people... if you go to school MAKE SURE YOU'RE GOING BEFORE PAYING!! lol they told me that I should pay to insure a spot for me in the August class so I did. Now 2 days ago I called this school so I could come in and sign the papers for registration, they informed me I had to pay at least $3,500 dollars of the schooling by May. Not that big of a deal for some I know and if I had a money tree it wouldn't be a big deal for us either but our money tree died and withered away a loooong time ago. More than all of that, it bugged me that no one told me this before, they couldn't find my records when I first called and it was starting to remind me more and more of DATC which scared me. So I told them I would talk to my husband and call back later..... I hung up and called my mom bawling instead. lol

          While talking to her about the choices, we decided to call the other school that we were debating between and give it a shot. I tried calling the "nameless" school and they wouldn't even give me the hundred dollars back, so annoying. But I called this other school and explained my situation of not having a license of basics because I don't feel like I learned enough and wanted to transfer my basic hours over. She was SO helpful and willing to work with me to make sure I was ready. I told her about our money situation and she mentioned they have a scholarship for people like me too!! I got off the phone feeling happier and better about my decision as a whole. So for those of you who are wondering, I'm going to Cameo College. I will be taking Master Esthetics there and will be starting September 4th. I still need to tour it again and everything, but I feel really good about it and I'm excited to start. I want to be the best I can in my job, I want to learn all I can, I want to make people feel great about themselves and the skin they have, and mostly I want to be happy. I think Cameo really will help me with all of this and I'm so excited to get back on a schedule. So once I start and can take clients, I will be making another blog for just my esthetics portion of my life and I will love to give people facials, manicures, etc.

           Now on top of all that, Colt really loves his job at York Automotive in Centerville and might I add that he has some AWESOME cars for sale and they are a way good price so PLEASE consider them for your cars and let them know Colt made you interested. ;) Colton and I have been very happy in life and are excited to just enjoy life together for a while. We want me to finish school, Colt to get higher in his job, me to find a job in esthetics, take a few trips, get a home, enjoy going grocery shopping at 1:00 A.M. when ever we feel like it, and much much more dates! THEN we will see about kids and a family. :) So as a whole life is hard everyone, but you know what? It gets a lot easier with a great spouse, and mostly single, married, divorced, widowed, what ever you are when reading this, god NEVER leaves you alone. Pray often and NEVER EVER EVER take the temple for granted, what a beautiful and stunning place the lord has given us to feel of his love. And if you aren't worthy right now to go to the temple or church, make it a goal of yours to do so! It is so important and makes me have a happiness in my life that no one or no one thing can ever take away from me, I have a feeling in my heart that could never be given to me with out the gospel.

           Thanks as always for everyone's love for us and interest in how we are doing! Hope everyone is enjoying the last weeks of your summer and getting excited for crunchy leaf season, I sure am!

No comments:

Post a Comment